BLOCKNET COMPLETES Q3 ROADMAP AND LOOKS AHEAD TO Q4
With the Q3 roadmap complete, Blocknet has made truly decentralized trading easier than ever before! But it doesn’t end there: with XRouter SPV integration in new wallets, in-dapp Block DX updates, extended order time outs and more to come in the Q4 roadmap, Blocknet is plowing full steam ahead!
All milestones on the Q3 Roadmap for both the wallet and Block DX are now complete and the latest versions of both can be downloaded below.
Blocknet is a second layer blockchain interoperability protocol that enables communication, interaction, and exchange between different blockchains allowing for the development of multi-chain applications and blockchain microservice architectures. To showcase the potential of the protocol, Blocknet has developed Block DX, a truly decentralized exchange, as the first dApp.
The latest version (0.8.0) of Block DX can be download here. In addition to the automated set up and “place order by price” feature of the previous release, this new release now also includes:
- The ability to place and view orders of any market pair in terms of BTC prices
- The integration of trade history to provide a 24hr price chart
- Improved order form UI to more easily distinguish placing a buy order versus a sell order.
Note: this is not a mandatory release unless you want to use the new features.
The latest version (3.10.5) of the wallet can be downloaded here. This release includes:
- New Transaction History screen
- New Address Book screen
- New dxGetOrderHistory API to query trade history
Note: this is not a mandatory release unless you want to use the above features and if you want to view the price chart within Block DX.
Q4 is going to be another busy period for Blocknet with many exciting updates to XBridge, XRouter, Block DX and more! Check out the new roadmap:
- Additional verification checks are being placed in the DX order system to improve the efficiency of the order book.
- The refund system is being improved to reduce the number of failed rollbacks when an order fails to complete.
- Memory usage optimizations are being added to XBridge to improve scalability as more orders are submitted to the network.
- Extend order timeout period from 7 days to 30 days for longer active orders.
- XRouter SPV integration will be finalized and included in all new wallets moving forward. This update will allow signed transactions from other blockchains to be submitted to each respective network without having those blockchains installed!
- XRouter Custom Calls will enable communication and interaction with other blockchains, such as being able to query or submit new products to Syscoin’s marketplace.
- The XRouter specifications for API calls, design, and architecture will be finalized.
- In-app update capabilities will notify users when an update is possible and allow them to update easily within Block DX!
- The order form will be improved to provide better distinction between buy and sell functionality.
- The ability to update the supported wallets list will allow new Blocknet integrations to be pushed to users without waiting for the next Block DX update.
- Welcome and intro messaging will help onboard users and gain familiarity with the new trading experience.
- Along the way there will be many bug fixes and UX updates to improve the trading experience, such as new Open Order and Closed Order tables, own order distinction, and changes to name conventions.
- Setting options currently open as a new window. The new Setting screen will pull this functionality into the main window with a fresh and clean look.
- An Accounts screen will provide users an easy way to view all their addresses and balances.
- The Tools window contains various utilities that will be restyled including a peers explorer, debug console, network monitor, and wallet repair tools.
- General Info Popups consists of styling the informational, error, and warning popups.
A roadmap with longer term goals will also be published soon.
Website / API Docs / Discord / Twitter / Medium / Telegram / Reddit / Steemit / Newsletter / Facebook / YouTube / DTube / Instagram / Minds / BitcoinTalk / Proposal Forum / Arlyn’s Blog / Block Node Info