Word on the BLOCK
This newsletter is published once per month and is aimed at keeping the Blocknet community up-to-date on the finer details of the project. For those who are new to the Blocknet, we recommend checking out the September Ecosystem Update for a broader understanding of our project’s progress and vision.
- Blocknet unveils Hydra — Hydra is the name for the Blocknet’s URL drop-in replacement for Infura. Hydra is built on the XRouter Protocol and provides service node operators with a metered API implementation that enables them to charge for API calls. Our developers are currently preparing the user documentation and gearing up for the production launch.
- ERC-20 BLOCK nearing release — Support for BLOCK has been merged into the Anyswap Cross-Chain Bridge codebase and is currently undergoing testing and debugging. Once complete, users will be able to mint ERC-20 BLOCK, known as aBLOCK, for trading on the Uniswap Protocol and for general use in the Ethereum DeFi ecosystem.
- Extensive testing/debugging of XLiteWallet continues — The latest beta release of XLite (v0.9.4) is available in the #xlite-beta-testing Discord channel here.
- Block DX Maker Bot updated — A new alpha update of Block DX maker bot can be found here.
- New Website for Hydra — Work has commenced on a new standalone website for Hydra.
- New Hydra Logo — A graphic designer has been retained to prepare a new professional logo for Hydra.
- New Hydra Twitter Account — A twitter account for Hydra has been launched. The account has already received nearly 100 new followers at the time of writing.
- New Article — Cointelegraph posted an article about Blocknet, titled “Decentralized exchange vows to remove DeFi’s limitations”, which has received almost 6000 views at the time of writing.
- The next Superblock will take place at block #1728000, which is estimated to occur on or about November 23, 2020. You can track the estimated time left to submit and vote on the Proposal Forum.
With so many important developments in the pipeline, we could not be more excited about future the Blocknet and its impact on the DeFi Ecosystem. If you would like to contribute to the project, have something to add, or a problem, please let us know in our Discord. To stay up-to-date with the latest news, be sure and subscribe to our Newsletter.
Onwards and upwards,
– The Blocknet Contributors
The Blocknet is a decentralized network and protocol suite for seamless cross-blockchain interoperability.